You're using many kind words and nods. Now when you wants something you makes the p sound. You're starting to say 'please' without being told, and it's really cool. It is so sweet. You'll even make the "more" sign with your hands and say, "Pah, pah, pah..." Whenever you want to say thank you or you're welcome, you make eye contact and nod. Although I'm starting to hear you say thank you some too.
You love animals. You watch the birds and the squirrels in our backyard. Today I asked you what you saw, and you answered, "Birds!" You say squirrels too. Over the weekend, at the zoo in KC, you were repeating all the names of the animals. The zoo keeper told us about hippopotamus' behavior and you replied, "hippop..." The zoo keeper said, "That's right, you can say hippopotamus."
Another word, I just absolutely love, is "Mom-ma!" You will look for me around the house when I may be in another room, or when you're walking around with your daddy, and you'll sweetly call out, stretching out each syllable, "Mom-ma! Mom-ma!" It isn't a panicking cry out, but more of a I want to be where you are call. "Mom-ma!" I hope I never forget that sound because it makes me so proud.
You like to play independently too. You don't always have to be entertained by someone. Sometimes you prefer to read or climb, explore, throw "trash" away alone. We can give you your diaper and you'll throw it away, or we can tell you something is trash and you'll take it to the can. Sometimes you decide for yourself what is trash, and you have made good judgments so far. Over the weekend you did throw something of Gaggy's away that wasn't trash. But we thought it was funny. You enjoy accomplishment. After you take your diaper to the trash, you'll clap her hands a couple of times. I love to see you feeling proud of your work.
Your daddy and you have been working on the laundry some too. After a bit of instruction, you'll take clothes to and from the laundry room, and you'll help move the clothes over to the dryer. You prefer the job of closing the dryer door and laundry room door. Whenever I'm loading the dishwasher you are right there helping, and especially closing the dishwasher door. We love your help!
You like moving objects in and out of baskets. This Saturday in KC we had a great time dumping pennies out of a container and placing them back in. You worked diligently picking up every last penny just to dump them out again. Then it was equally enjoyable to dump a few, put a few back in...
Another thing about you I love is how outgoing you are for such a young age. At restaurants, you say "hi" to at least one person. One particular day at The Flying Burrito, you weren't enjoying the food much, so instead you kept repeating "hi, hi, hi" and looking around for a friend. Most of the time you say "hi" to the elderly. You stare at them until they look at you and you wave. When they wave back, you say "hi". Sometimes they blow you a kiss and you reciprocate. Although, you don't always blow it to them, your hand lingers on your face.
The first time you gave communion you walked down holding your daddy's hand, and when you came back up the isle holding his hand you were waving to people of the end and making eye contact as you passed by. You made it to our row and I had tears streaming down each cheek. It was a proud-momma moment.
You are very giving with hugs and kisses. Sometimes you come up behind while we're playing in the floor and you'll just hug my back, resting your head, like a chimp carrying its' baby. You'll also give hugs in the morning when you wake up and just about anyother time your daddy or I ask for one. We both love you very much!
I know you are happy 99% of every day, and I couldn't ask for anything more.
No comments:
Post a Comment