I've got to get this down. I loved it! Two nights ago Sara said her first prayer start to finish without prompting. Here's how it all happened...
Just me and the girls, Greg was at a football game. I sit down beside Sara's bed and say, Okay. Let's pray.
No, let meeee do it! (In a loud plea)
...Dear God, Thank you for momma, daddy, Maggie and Tulip. Thank you for allll our friends and allll our family. Have a good day at work and rain so we can have a dance party. Amen. Oh, yeah and thank you for Jesus!
I laughed. Then was thinking the next day how she thanked God for Jesus last. I was still proud and content that she remembered, but it did bother me a bit. Although I said nothing. Later at dinner table Greg, Sara, and I sat down to eat spaghetti and pizza while Maggie played on her Lion mat. We jumped right into conversation since we haven't seen each other, other than passing by, in days. After several minutes, Sara promped us with, "I wanna pray!"
Ok, let's pray Greg and I grinned...
Dear God, Thank you for Jesus! (my heart just sank.) Thank you for momma, daddy, Maggie...
It's like she had read my mind.
Thank you God for Jesus and for loving us so!
No comments:
Post a Comment