Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sept. 5, 2009 - Jan. 4, 2012, it's been over 2 years!

Where to begin? First, what prompts me to begin to blog again is not a New Year's resolution. There isn't any room left on that list, ha! But tonight we were all in the bedroom (all 5 of us now, excluding Tulip) and Maggie began her prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for Jesus (yes, she put Jesus first without a prompt from me...see last blog), Jackson, Brett, Clara, Aunt Carri, Sara, Daddy, Momma, Elizabeth, books, toys, Sprite, water, play outside for a little bit....A-men!

Then Sara prayed;
Dear God, Thank you for my family....thank you for Mary and Joseph!...Dear God, A-men! (She ends most of her prayers with "Dear God, amen!") Okay, I didn't even know she was listening in bible class or when I read about Mary and Joseph the night before. It's just amazing to me in so many ways!

So you can see, I remembered about blogging and thought maybe I can squeeze blogging into my resolutions along with...we'll I shouldn't be held accountable for the others in case I fail! On with our nightly prayers...

Maggie says, "It's Lizbeth's turn! My say it for her!" This is one thing I do not want to forget about Maggie is her precious, soft-spoken voice saying "my" instead of I. And, she ends Elizabeth's prayer saying, "Good job!" to Elizabeth.

So much has happened since Sept. 5, 2009! I think I'll just post some pics to represent this short time period that has past.

Here are a few things I want to remember forever:

Sara, 4 years, 10 months:
loves picking out nonsensical words out of Pinkiliscious stories, like "bluetiful" and you like to tell the joke from the story: Where do cows go on a date? to the mooo-vies;
likes to play with dolls, little people, lincoln logs;
you recently learned how to change the toilet paper rolls and you are right on it anytime you're asked;
I love your helping spirit and willingness to concentrate on work;
at school, you're learning how to read and add;
you can identify several countries by their flags, tell the national language, and assist Ms. Sarah in counting to 10 and the days of the week in that language;
you recently had an International Lunch and received the passport you've been working on;
just to add that you are really enjoying "Strawberry Milk" which is a Carnation strawberry flavored breakfast supplement; you don't like tomatoes, but dill pickles; you love Whopper Jr. from Burger King with meat, cheese, and pickles only;
you love cooking and trying new recipes;
your recent hit was an oatmeal sandwich: oatmeal in the middle of two slices of buttered toast. It was actually quite tasty!; you love an app called Cake Doodle and you like to put the ingredients in order, so you're learning to read words like, cups, flour, vanilla, eggs, baking powder, sugar, etc.
I just love you! You've got a sweet heart! The other morning before church you watched a little cartoon about a dog at the animal shelter in the other room. You came in crying to our bathroom and insisted that we go get a dog right then. This is just shows what a empathetic, big heart you have!
Another story comes to mind of a man on the side of the road with a sign that said something like No Money, Need Food. As I scrambled to find some food or something to hand him (because daddy wasn't with us, ha! That's another story!), you asked, "Momma, what's his sign say?...Then give him the money in my wallet.) Just so happens you had taken it to school that day.
Which leads me to another thing I do not want to forget. You like to earn money by doing work around the house, and you're quick and good at it too!


Maggie, 2 years, 8 months:
loves saying "pinky stinky underwear" it's in the Pinkiliscious book;
you told me at the mall your favorite book is The Cat in the Hat;
I love to hear you say with your eyebrows raised anything like, "That was silly!" or "My got a big one!" It's a cute little, shocked face and each time you opened a Christmas present you showed your shocked face. In addition, being the neat little girl you are, when you ripped off the wrapping paper you would place each piece in the trash bag Daddy was holding then go back to ripping, placing the paper. You are so fun to watch!
Puzzles fascinate you! When you were younger, Granny was doing a puzzle with you and you would take the pieces and intently place them in the wrong spot and ask her, "That go there? Nooo!" You still love puzzles. Yesterday we did an "angel puzzle" you like to call it even though it is a princess puzzle, 3 times.
You answer, "Yes!" and it sounds so sweet. We love to hear that, "Yes!"
You and I are the only ones who call Elizabeth, Libby. You say it, "Her's Lib-be!"
I just want to throw it out there that you don't care much for milk and you never have. You prefered Apple Juice for the longest time, then Sprite, now you and Sara are both big into "Grapety Grape Juice" which is Juicy Juice brand Fruit Punch.
You love to run and chase Tulip. You have a cute little skip and the sides of your hair bounce up and down. If you happen to fall you say, "My okay!" You are extremely tough! You are not rough, but have your own pace and you don't get in a hurry about things. You don't prefer sweet treats but would rather have fruit instead of fries or dessert. One thing you often talk about was, "My birthday at Boingo Bounce!" You loved your 2nd birthday party at Boingo Bounce and you're still talking about it! I just have loved watching you grow. At school, you were working on a 500 piece puzzle that the whole class has worked on for a few weeks and only a few pieces have been put together, but you were working on it for a really long time and even though you hadn't found matches or had only found a few, you told Ms. Janet, "my almost finished."

Elizabeth, 9 months:
loves to suck the thumb on your right hand so much that it's chapped;
when I first pick you up you like to sink right into me to give me some love;
you are reaching to anyone standing; army crawling from one room to the next;
and you are pulling up on things;
you are extremely laid back;
everyone says you are so small but I think you're really long (already in 12 months clothes!);
you first laughed at Sara putting a bath towel over your head and pulling it off while Maggie danced around you;
you love being in the same room with your sisters;
you love getting into the backpack carrier and going on hikes;
the other day you were fussy and we thought you were hungry so as I was preparing your food you sucked your thumb and fell asleep in the highchair while your sisters ate at the table next to you;
we laugh WITH you often. You're a very good, fun baby! I love watching you grow!

FORGIVE ANY TYPOS, I'M JUST TELLING THE HIGHLIGHTS SO THE GIRLS WILL HAVE THEIR LIVES SOMEWHAT CHRONICLED HERE!

No comments: